Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Heavy traffic

The wi-fi and I were stuck in traffic the other day. Whilst zipping in and out of lanes, I had the occasion to employ profanities against some of my fellow motorists. One such driver was taking his sweet-ass time in the middle lane, so I had to pass him dramatically. Our story begins here:

Me: YOU FUCKING MUTT! GET OUTTA OF MY LANE!

Her: What is that?

Me: What is what?

Her: Is that some kind of racial insult?

Me: What?

Her: "Mutt" -- a racial thing?

Me: No! I would never call someone out on a race basis. Please!

Her: OK, just wondering.

Me: Didn't you ever see "Goodfellas"? Joe Pesci runs around the movie calling people "mutts." Y'know, "You fuckin' mutt! You stumblin', mutterin' prick, ya!"

Her: I don't really remember.

[beat]

Me: OK, y'see that guy there? In the blue Honda?

Her: Yeah?

Me: YOU WHITE BASTARD! GET OUTTA MY LANE!