Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Red Menace

Love the Trump on last night's "Apprentice" season premiere calling Lenny, a Russian emigre living in New Jersey, "the Russian."

"The Russian" -- I looked over to the Wifebomb, who had her eyes wide shut in disbelief. "It's like Trump thinks he's some kind of assassin, or hitman," she says. "Send in 'The Russian' to finish the job," I said. "Let there be no survivors."

Don't quite know why I keep watching this televised program -- maybe I enjoy the repetition of the phrases "step up to the plate," "orientate," and "one-hundred-and-ten percent." Or maybe it's questions like, "Are you a homosexual?" Or, perhaps it's Trump's followups to statements like those: "That's why they have menus in restaurants, you know? I like steak, somebody else likes spaghetti. That's why they have menus in restaurants."