Thursday, March 30, 2006

I need to have my say!

There's a lot of things going on in the world that I'm not happy about, and I have to have to be heard. I hear about things on the T.V. news that just frighten me -- I'm shocked at some of the things that are going on. It's enough to give an old lady pause.

I'm horrified at gay marriage. I hear about it all the time, I watch the cable news when they talk about it. I can't fathom it -- it's just plain wrong. I need to have my say! This would only erode traditional marriage... and there's just too many broken homes as it is. I can't think of what will happen if we allow homosexuals to get married. If there's a vote, I'll vote "no," clearly and loudly! I won't have it.

I've heard of homosexual people trying to adopt orphans. Can you believe it? Two mommies, or two daddies? Whatever happened to a mom and a dad, like they did it in my day? Like they did it in my children's day? What will happen to our children's children if they grow up in a world with two daddies? Now, I'll admit that none of these things specifically involve me or anyone I know, and they're not likely to change my life in any way, shape, or form, but I have to have my say!

What about banana pancakes? Have you ever heard of such a thing? I don't like them -- I think they're outrageous. If you like them, heaven forbid. I feel sorry for you. Even though your enjoyment of banana pancakes doesn't affect my life in the least, and there's no way to explain that miraculous process that makes you like them and me to despise them, I'll find a way to have my say in the matter. I need to be heard!