Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I want this thing

I really want it. I've scoured lower Manhattan looking for this thing today -- and it ain't here.

Son of a bitch.

You know when you want something, that you really want to goddamn thing? That's what this exercise in thinglust has become today. The fact that this movie kicks an ass or two notwithstanding, I want this because I've decided I really want it.

I hate it when I go to the store to buy an obscure piece of Japanese anime esoterica only to find that every fucking vendor has sold out of the goddamn thing. The only downside of living in Manhattan is that you may have the most obscure hobby or fascination -- say, Hungarian whoopie-cushion collecting -- and you'll find that you're the six-thousandth person to hit that same kitsch shop looking for one. Today. Fuckers.

Now, imagine how hard it is to score a decent cupcake on a Sunday morning in spring -- fucking hour-long wait for angel food cake. Cupcake-line-making fuckfaces.